Wednesday, July 6, 2016

You Are So Beautiful To Me

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
~Psalm 139:14

Do you ever look at someone and think about how beautiful they are? I have. I have admired the waistline or the legs that someone has or the beautiful green eyes that another person has. The thing I find interesting is the more I get to know a person, the more or less beautiful they become to me. That is because what is inside is shining through, and it affects how they look to me.

We worry so much about how we look on the outside, going to so much trouble to keep our bodies in great shape and preserve our youth. The truth is outward beauty makes a great first impression and attracts people. It is not what people value. True beauty does not come from the shape of one's body, or one's complexion. It doesn't come from mesmerizing eyes,luscious lips or gorgeous hair. 

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.  ~Proverbs 31:25,30

True beauty comes from a beautiful heart; it radiates from the inside. It comes from someone who is unselfish, loving, content, and spiritual. Some of the most beautiful women and men I know aren't confined by their age. They didn't have any work done, and don't do crossfit. They love life and people but most of all, they love the Lord. It shows! There is a sparkle in their eyes and a genuine smile that lights up their faces. People are drawn to the light within them.


I have friends that are truly beautiful but they cannot see it. They are so worried about extra weight or how different they look now as opposed to when they were younger. I understand, it is easy to feel that way. Their beauty is timeless. It doesn't age, it grows as they grow and mature in the Lord. It is a lovely thing to see. We cannot stop the aging process, but we can renew ourselves inwardly with God's word. 

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  ~2 Corinthians 4:16

So I pray for every reader, that you find the beauty of God's word and are transformed inwardly by keeping Him in your heart. May His light shine through for all to see.

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  ~Colossians 3:12

No comments: